mercredi 20 avril 2016

Routine and rest. By Yacine CHETTOUH & Valentin CHOLLET

To work

At play

I took the top photo on Sunday, Place de Jaude. I like the contrast between the tram, the trees and the sky. I heard the sound of people walking, the tram arriving. The smells were typical city smells: pollution and people. It was a little cold. I was tired because I hadn’t slept much the night before. The bright sky and the autumn green of the trees contrast with the greyness of the city.

The tram is a symbol of routine for me; we take it daily to go to work. People in the tram are mostly bored; they wear headphones or fiddle with their mobiles. They ignore each other.

The tramway in Clermont-Ferrand was created in 2006 and it has made transport easier. The line is nearly 16 km long.

I wanted to take a picture of the Jardin Lecoq to show how beautiful Clermont-Ferrand can be. It was taken on a sunny 26th of November. This 5-hectare park, designed by Paul de Lavenne, dates from 1912. When I took this photo, I felt confident, comfortable and glad. Birds fly all around the garden, they makes noises, the trees are very grand and there are colourful flowers everywhere. People are happy in this place of serenity, after school or work, away from the cars. They can relax and try to forget their daily problems.

City life is about making a living and earning time to relax. Our photos tell this everyday story that most of us live.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire