dimanche 15 mars 2015

City life is in the details… By Alix-Marie DARDEN



I took the first photo from my apartment window during the first week of the winter holidays. It was a rainy day and the light was not really good but this brings out the lugubrious atmosphere! We can see a wall which is not really useful. It is just in front of my bedroom so I do not have a great view. Next to it, there is a really dark volcanic stone wall. This part of the building used to be the rooms of the staff when the house was a large aristocratic residence.

I took the second picture in my living room which is the most comfortable place of my apartment. I don’t know if this is the original moulding, because the building had to be renovated. The lamp was decorated by my mum. I love the floral patterns of the ceiling and the coloured flowers of the lamp and the light.

The most important place of a town is actually where each individual has his home. How you experience the urban environment in general is going to be somewhat conditioned by that private space… 

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire